46 Amazingly Funny Bad Puns to Share With Your Kids
Puns are ubiquitous (whether we like it or not) — and while truly funny puns are complex linguistic feats that demand respect, bad puns are dangerously easy to make (and can also be surprisingly funny). Like the knock-knock joke, the funny riddle, the one-liner, or the wonderfully dumb jokes that play on through the generations like broken records, the pun leans hard on wordplay and silliness to win over even the toughest audiences. Even though fathers who can’t stop making dad jokes like to think they’re working alone in the punderdome, a love of corny jokes is universal (there’s even a science to it). What is a pun, really? Simply put, a pun is a joke that exploits the different possible meanings of a word, or words that sound alike but have different meanings.
There are as many funny puns out there as there are things to pun about (meaning, everything). There are dog puns, cat puns, food puns, animal puns, even puns about puns. The most important thing is memorizing as many of these very funny puns as possible, so you’ve got a zinger ready for every occasion.
Funny Puns for Kids in 2021
- I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. It’s impossible to put down!
- Did you hear about the restaurant on the moon? I heard the food was good but it had no atmosphere.
- How did the picture end up in jail? It was framed!
- I was wondering why the ball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
- Need an ark to save two of every animal? I noah guy.
- My friend drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how his Mercedes bends.
- Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He’s all right now.
- What do you call a bee that can’t make up its mind? A may-bee.
- What did the ranch say when somebody opened the fridge? “Hey, close the door! I’m dressing!”
- You really shouldn’t be intimidated by advanced math… it’s easy as pi!
- My new girlfriend works at the zoo. I think she’s a keeper.
- To the man who invented zero, thanks for nothing.
- I couldn’t remember how to throw a boomerang but then it came back to me.
- I asked a Frenchman if he played video games. He said Wii!
- What should a lawyer always wear to a court? A good lawsuit!
- Don’t interrupt someone working intently on a puzzle. Chances are, you’ll hear some crosswords.
- What was the one thing the cross-eyed teacher couldn’t control? His pupils.
- Coffee has a rough time in our household. It gets mugged every single morning!
- What did one blade of grass say to another about the lack of rain? I guess we’ll just have to make dew.
- Somebody stole all my lamps. I couldn’t be more de-lighted!
- The past, present, and future walk into a bar. It was tense!
- I can’t believe I got fired from the calendar factory. All I did was take a day off.
- Waking up this morning was an eye-opening experience.
- Being a vegetarian is one big missed steak.
- Why was the baby ant confused? Because all his uncles were ants!
- I was addicted to the hokey pokey… but thankfully, I turned myself around.
- My dad unfortunately passed away when we couldn’t remember his blood type. His last words were “Be positive!”
- Just burned 2,000 calories. That’s the last time I leave brownies in the oven while I nap.
- I’m not a cheetah, you’re lion!
- We dressed up as almonds for Halloween. Everyone thought we were nuts.
- I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.
- There was a kidnapping at school yesterday. Don’t worry though — he woke up!
- I was hoping to steal some leftovers from the party but my plans were foiled.
- What kind of cats love bowling? Alley cats.
- Who invented King Arthur’s round table? Sir Cumference.
- Is your iPad making you sleepy? There’s a nap for that.
- I have a friend whose bakery burned down last night. Now his business is toast.
- I lost my mood ring the other day. I’m not sure how I feel about it.
- I don’t trust staircases. They’re always up to something.
- What washes up on tiny oceans? Microwaves!
- I’m good friends with 25 letters of the alphabet. I just don’t know Y.
- My leaf blower doesn’t work. It just sucks!
- If you see an Apple Store get robbed, does that make you an iWitness?
- Don’t ever believe an atom, they make up everything.
- I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can’t put it down.
- A book just fell on my head. I only have myshelf to blame.
- Under Armour Is Boosting Pay By 50% to Get Workers. That's Great News
- What’s It Like to Have An Abortion? What the Science Says.
- Why American Parents Pay Twice as Much for Childcare as Their European Counterparts
- Tony Hawk Helps 12-Year-Old Take On Mega Ramp In Viral TikTok
The post 46 Amazingly Funny Bad Puns to Share With Your Kids appeared first on Fatherly.